Sunday, January 28, 2007

My last night in Peru: Zero Drama

This was an epic night. Simone and I went hopping from bar to bar in Huaraz until we (completely randomly) stumbled into a bar called 'Zero Drama'. This turned out to be one the my best nights I've ever had at a bar. It is hard to explain how good it was.

We met the barman, Javier, and his girlfriend, Angie, plus others. Good people, good music, good drinks. We sang, danced and drank all night. At one point Javier tried to teach me how to salsa so that I could impress the ladies. I had too many of a drink called the "8000", which is named after the height of the highest mountains on the planet. It contains coca alcohol (if you recall, coca is that stuff that I chewed while trekking and is illegal in most of the planet). Potent stuff. At one piont

We partied there until daylight. I think we enventually left at 7am. I was dancing on the chairs and benches. It seems that at some point during the night I took off my shoes, as I remember having problems finding them at 7am. I think (but am not sure) that we were there for 8 hours, but I never checked my watch until we left. That is a sign of a good time.


The crew at Zero Drama. This is one of my favourite pics of the whole trip.

This is the stuff that did me in. The subtitle translates to something like "Nothing else is required". No shit.
From left to right: yours truly, Javier, Simone, and Angie

--------------------------------

After getting about 2h sleep, I packed my bag, and took an 8h bus ride, still a bit drunk, to Lima. From there, I took a red-eye flight back to Seattle, all the while hungover. I was back at my desk the next morning

That's the end of the story.

Keep your stick on the ice,

Shawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home