Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 4: Llamacorral to Huaraz

On this we hiked out of the valley and to the nearest town. It was a short hike, only about 3h. A car was waiting to dive us to the nearest big city. In this tiny car (into which we crammed 7 people plus an infant) we got a ride to a bigger city. From here, we got in a a collectivo (essentially just a big van that transports people from one place to another). As far as I could see, it was a 12-person van. At one time I counted 19 people in it. Very tight. I wish I had a picture of it, but I was jammed in my seat so tightly I could not really manage to get my camera out.

That night I had dinner with Simone. I had the guinea pig. We exchanged stories about the Santa Cruz trek and had a few pisco sours. Good fun.

That evening, I also managed to arrange a ski trip for the next day. That story is next
We drove this rode along the edge of the mountain for quite a while. No guard-rail. Nice. By the way, whose finger is that in the picture? Couldn't be mine, that would never happen to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home